We can probably all agree that pancakes are a tasty terrific treat when blueberries are in season. But did you know there is no need to stop enjoying them when berry season ends. This whole wheat blueberry pancakes with almond milk recipe is equally as delicious, in fact some would argue even more delicious, when using frozen berries straight from the freezer.
The pancakes are wonderful. When you add the berries to your mixture it almost freezes, taking on a soft serve ice cream consistency. This somehow works perfectly as it enables you to form a perfect sized circle of batter in the skillet, and the cold when hitting hot means texture and fluffy light airy cakes! Yum!
This is a wonderful way to enjoy these breakfast beauties all year round. No matter how often you make them, it always feels like a decedent treat. The great news? This recipe is healthy and, when eaten in sensible portion size, will not cause you to pile on any pounds!
Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes With Almond Milk Recipe.
Our berry pancakes, with whole wheat, need to be tried to be believed. They are what you expect from all pancakes … light and fluffy! Because of the whole wheat they are also filling as well as being full of those nutritious and delicious juicy blueberries. And they are incredibly healthy!
I imagine many are thinking you can’t make pancakes with whole wheat flour … it’s just too heavy. The secret is to use White whole wheat. Easy to find and guarantees a soft and light batter. Then with the addition of creamy low fat milk of almond plus a little skim milk and egg … you get light, moist, tasty pancake batter!
Get ready for a true treat. These blueberry whole wheat treats will become a firm favorite! With the hint of cinnamon, you can even add a dash of vanilla essence or scrapings of a vanilla pod and you will give these pancakes brilliant flavor.
Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes With Almond Milk Recipe
Wholesome, Hearty And Healthy! A wonderful way to start the day!
- 1 1/3 Cup Whole Wheat Flour - White Whole Wheat is best!
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/3 Cup Skim Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen Blueberries
- Step 1 In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon.
- Step 2 In another bowl crack the egg and whisk lightly to combine yolk and white.
- Step 3 To the egg add the almond milk, skim milk and canola oil. Whisk well to combine.
- Step 4 Pour the liquid mix into the flour mixture, and stir gently until the flour is just moistened. Do not over mix!
- Step 5 Add blueberries and stir gently to combine.
- Step 6 Coat a heavy frying pan or skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium-high.
- Step 7 Ladle approx 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot griddle.
- Step 8 When the top forms air bubbles flip the pancake to brown the other side.
- Step 9 Serve immediately.
Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes With Almond Milk Recipe by HealthyNatured!