The ingredients for our Turkey, Sweet Potato, Black Bean Chili can be assembled and ready to cook in minutes.
Then place into your slow cooker, leave for the day or overnight and you have a nutritious and delicious meal. You can make and freeze… Perfect on those days you don’t want to cook, just take from the freezer, place in the microwave and have a belly fat burning meal in moments.
Turkey, Sweet Potato, Black Bean Chili – The Belly Fat Burning Foods
Not only is the chili a tiny 380 calories per serving it’s also packed with protein from the turkey and quinoa and is gluten-free.
Turkey, Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili (Slow Cooker Dinner)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1.5 pounds Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 3 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 pound Sweet Potatoes (cubed 1/4 inch)
- Quarter cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 15 ounces diced Tomatoes (canned)
- 15 ounces Black Beans (canned)
- 15 ounces Tomato Puree
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh Cilantro (torn or chopped)
- Step 1 Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan.
- Step 2 Add the chopped onion and minced garlic
- Step 3 Saute until the onion is translucent and begins to caramelize (browned not burnt)
- Step 4 Add the ground turkey, chili powder and cumin powder to the onions and garlic.
- Step 5 Fry the turkey until just cooked through – no longer pink, it will separate and look crumbly.
- Step 6 Add the turkey mixture, sweet potato, quinoa, tomato, black beans, tomato puree, vegetable stock, salt and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Step 7 Set your slow cooker to high and leave for 4 hours (or low for 6-8 hours).
- Step 8 Top each serving with sour cream and cilantro.
- Step 9 Serve with a green salad
- Step 10 Nutrition: Serving 1 cup
- Step 11 380 calories
- Step 12 8g fiber
- Step 13 30g fiber