Here it is .. a wonderful healthy and immunity boosting herbal soup! This may take time to prepare and simmer…but the health benefits are well worth the wait!
Immunity Boosting Herbal Soup
This savory vegetable soup is a traditional and proven way of incorporating astragalus, garlic and medicinal mushrooms into your diet and boosting immunity and health!
- 1 ounce dried astragalus root slices
- 1⁄2-inch piece fresh ginger root, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup brown basmati rice
- 8 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup winter squash, chopped
- 1 cup shiitake or maitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons light miso, or to taste
- 8 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- Step 1 Simmer astragalus, ginger, rice and stock in a heavy covered pot for 1 hour.
- Step 2 Sauté onion, squash and mushrooms in olive oil for 5 minutes, or until vegetables soften.
- Step 3 Add sautéed vegetable mixture to the soup pot, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Step 4 Add corn
- Step 5 simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- Step 6 Remove astragalus.
- Step 7 Dilute miso in a small amount of hot broth and add to soup.
- Step 8 Thin soup with additional broth if desired and add more miso to taste.
- Step 9 Add garlic and parsley.
- Step 10 Let stand for 5 minutes and serve.
Try it out today! The best immunity boosting herbal soup ever!