Tired of struggling with excess weight?
Tired of losing it slowly and putting it back on quickly?
The process of losing weight, and then keeping it off, is not quick or simple.
However the good news …
For those wanting to learn how to lose belly fat naturally, is that by combining a few simple healthy eating guidelines along with specific food types we create healthy and extremely effective recipes for weight loss.
The recipes offered in this post are specifically designed to burn even the most stubborn of belly fat and have been trialed and tested, some of them for centuries!
Now that must have piqued your interest!
So What Is So Special About Our Recipes For Weight Loss?
These recipes have been chosen due to them being simple, nutricious, delicious and able to form an ongoing part of your everyday diet. Meaning you won’t be starving yourself and unlikely to need to binge the moment your body demands a break!
Most important is to keep in mind there are rules for how to loose belly fat naturally. And the rules are easy. You must base your dietary intake on the eating of foods which:
- Increase the bodies metabolism, meaning your body will burn more calories.
- Are packed with essential nutrients the body needs to function and maintain health. This means you do not starve your body, rather you lose the belly fat and excess weight in a healthier and more sustainable manner.
- Have a low calorie count, allowing the body to burn excess fat to gain the energy needed.
- Give you a feeling of being full, meaning you consume fewer calories but do not have the usual cravings, which are usually associated when the body is hungry and requires fuel.
- Improve digestion, and regularity of bowel movement, which is crucial for anyone wishing to lose belly fat.
Our recipes for weight loss include foods that follow the “rules for how to lose belly fat”.
Some of the remedies increase metabolism, others decrease cravings, while some provide essential nutrients or digestive fiber required for health. Some include all of the requirements.
What is important is that we achieve the proper balance of food types.
This might sound confusing to begin, however in all of the listed recipes and remedies we clearly state what the food helps us to achieve.
Once you begin this program of eating it will become clear how to lose the weight naturally and the combination of foods will become obvious and eventually second nature.
How To Lose Belly Fat Naturally – High Fiber, High Protein, Low Calorie Foods
The key to beating belly fat is to boost your intake of the “good foods”!
I hear you … I hear you say “What? You telling me to eat MORE?”
It sounds counter intuitive doesn’t it. You want to lose weight so why would you eat more?
It’s all about balance. Increasing the right kinds of food and limiting others. Most important is to keep supplying your body with:
- Foods that provide a healthy level of nutrients and fiber. This allows your body to function well.
- Foods that are low in calories but fill you up. This means you don’t break and binge.
- Foods that are low fat and require your body to burn it’s stored energy reserves (belly fat)
Here’s The Best Way!
Start eating a high fiber diet and increase your intake of lean protein. This is by far the best way to reduce your calorie intake without having to eat less or feel hungry.
Evidence from research has shown this on many occasions. The Harvard University School of Public Health (HSPH) research confirms that the best diet includes high quality, high fiber and high protein foods.
A major benefit of high fiber high protein food is that they have fewer calories per gram. This means you can eat more of them without worrying you’ll put on weight and without feeling you need starve yourself.
When considering the high fiber high protein foods to select always think “real food” because quality counts! That means foods that are not hugely processed and you know what is in them! So, no protein bars or shakes unless you know what is included. Many contain fillers … usually processed carbs.
15 Healthy Recipes For Weight Loss
Number 1 – The Famous Indian Remedy – Methi Ajwain Kali Jeeri
Okay, so number 1 isn’t a meal, but forgive my indulgence because this is possibly the most famous and well known of the Indian recipes for weight loss. And for good reason.
Methi Ajwain Kali Jeeri has been used as a remedy to lose belly fat and excess weight for centuries.
There are a number of health benefits that these 3 simple seed ingredients hold which will help you shed those extra pounds.
If you are serious about how to lose belly fat naturally you have to read this!
Methi, probably better known in the West as fenugreek seeds, help in losing weight because they increase your metabolism which helps you burn fat quickly. Adding methi seeds to your diet helps keep you feeling fuller for longer as they are full of fiber.
Methi seeds also contain an important fiber with indigestible carbs known as galactomannan. The galactomannan reduces glucose absorption. This prevents a rise in blood sugar.
Normally after we eat our blood sugar spikes and our body recognizes it as a great opportunity to save some of this sugar. It stores it as fat. Methi helps prevent this.
Ajwain, or carom seeds, a;so boost the weight loss process. Ajwain is a natural laxative, useful for stimulating digestion and keeping us regular.
Kali Jeeri, or black cumin seeds, are especially useful when targeting the fat around belly area. This is due to high levels of Phytosterols which limit cholesterol absorption and high levels of Oleic Acid which accelerates the rate your body burns stored fat. It also is a natural diuretic which stops bloating.
Here’s The Recipe To Make Your Own
Methi Ajwain Kali Jeeri Weight Loss Powder
- 250 grams Methi (Fenugreek seeds),
- 100 grams Ajwain (Carom),
- 100 grams Kali Jeeri (Black Cumin-Nigella Sativa),
- 3 tablespoons dry Ginger Powder,
- 2 tablespoons hing (Asafoetida)
- Step 1 Using a small fry pan dry roast the Methi seeds, approx 1-2 minutes, or until you smell the roasted aroma.
- Step 2 Place them aside and let cool down.
- Step 3 Repeat the procedure with Ajwain.
- Step 4 Repeat with Kali Jeeri.
- Step 5 Mix all three roasted seeds together and add the ginger power and hing.
- Step 6 Mix well.
- Step 7 Place the mix in a spice grinder (or pestle and mortar) and grind until it forms a fine dry powder.
- Step 8 Store in an air tight container in a cool place for future use.
How to Use Methi Ajwain Kali Jeeri Powder
Simply add to warm water. Add 1-2 teaspoons of your powder to 250 ml of hot water. Let sit until the water is lukewarm. This will let the powder infuse (like you would with tea).
Stir briskly before drinking, remembering the powder will not dissolve. Take on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. You can also take it following a meal.
Number 2 – Steak, Beans & Avocado Salad
This is a quick and extremely effective high protein, high fiber, low carb meal. It is our number 2 as it shows how simple it is to implement this plan and is able to be replicated i.e. swap steak with chicken breast, beans with broccoli etc
In this recipe you gain lean protein from beef, high fiber from beans and salad, nutrients from all ingredients and essential fats/oils from olive oil and avocado. A great example of how to lose belly fat naturally and not skimp on flavor.
Steak, Green Beans and Avocado Salad
- 4-5 Ounce Lean Beef Steak (Fat Removed)
- 1 Cup Green Beans
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Half an Avocado,
- Quarter Red Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3 Finely chopped basil leaves
- 1 tsp roasted black cumin
- Step 1 Pan fry the steak in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil
- Step 2 Steam green beans
- Step 3 Prepare the salad by adding romaine, sliced pepper and sliced avocado
- Step 4 Finely chop the basil leaves and add to salad
- Step 5 Mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and lemon juice together
- Step 6 Dress salad with oil mix
Number 3 – Vietnamese Sesame Beef
Fabulously fragrant and super simple! This high protein, fiber rich deliciousness will have you wishing every day was a diet day!
Recipes for weight loss don’t get much better than this!
Vietnamese Sesame Beef
- 450 grams (1 pound) flank steak, fat removed
- 2 teaspoons fresh root ginger, grated,
- 2 garlic cloves, minced,
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce,
- 1 tablespoon olive oil,
- Quarter teaspoon ground black pepper
- Quarter cup sesame seeds - black or white (or both)
- Step 1 Combine grated ginger, minced garlic, fish sauce, oil, and ground black pepper in a large bowl.
- Step 2 Stir well.
- Step 3 Slice beef into half inch pieces
- Step 4 Add the beef to the ginger mix and stir well to coat evenly.
- Step 5 Allow the beef to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes (1 hour if time allows).
- Step 6 Once marinated add the beef slices and sesame seeds into another clean bowl.
- Step 7 Stir to evenly coat the beef with the sesame seeds.
- Step 8 Heat a large heavy frying pan or wok over a medium-high heat.
- Step 9 Ensure the pan is hot and add the beef in small batches (don’t overcrowd the pan or it will stew not fry)
- Step 10 Stir to brown and caramelize both sides of the beef – keep heat high and fry quickly until just cooked.
- Step 11 Serve with a salad
- Step 12 Optional – slice a hot green chili and soak in 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. This can be used as a spicy condiment
- Step 13 Nutrition: One serving 299 calories, Fat 16 grams, Carbs 4 grams, Protein 34 grams.
Number 4 – Tex Mex Eggs Ranch Breakfast
What a way to start the day! High protein, low fat, high fiber and so easy! Why would you choose the usual carbohydrate criminals for breakfast when you could have this black bean and spicy egg yumminess!
And no need for guilt, while you munch on this fried and spiced breakfast you know you are still losing the belly fat! Love it!
Tex Mex Eggs Ranch Breakfast
- 1/3 cup Black Beans - canned,
- 2 large free range Eggs,
- 2 tablespoons salsa or Pico De Gallo
- 1 tablespoon grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Splash of Hot Sauce (optional)
- Step 1 Drain the beans and rinse well
- Step 2 Heat the beans in small saucepan
- Step 3 In a fry pan add 1/4 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Step 4 Once the oil is hot add the eggs and fry to however you like them
- Step 5 Plate the beans
- Step 6 Place the eggs upon the beans
- Step 7 Spoon the salsa or pico de gallo over the eggs
- Step 8 Sprinkle the cheese on top
- Step 9 Finish with hot sauce (Optional)
- Step 10 Nutrition: 258 calories, 4 grams fiber, 19 grams protein
Number 5 – Turkey, Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili (Slow Cooker Dinner)
Who doesn’t love a Turkey Chili?
Especially when teamed with sweet potato, black beans and quinoa!
Made in a matter of minutes and then left to slow cook all day it is a nutritious and delicious meal to enjoy at anytime. This chili can be frozen…so make, freeze and munch whenever you fancy a spicy supper!
Not only is it a mere 380 calories per serving it is also packed with protein from the turkey and quinoa and is gluten-free.
Turkey, Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili (Slow Cooker Dinner)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1.5 pounds Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 3 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 pound Sweet Potatoes (cubed 1/4 inch)
- Quarter cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 15 ounces diced Tomatoes (canned)
- 15 ounces Black Beans (canned)
- 15 ounces Tomato Puree
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh Cilantro (torn or chopped)
- Step 1 Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan.
- Step 2 Add the chopped onion and minced garlic
- Step 3 Saute until the onion is translucent and begins to caramelize (browned not burnt)
- Step 4 Add the ground turkey, chili powder and cumin powder to the onions and garlic.
- Step 5 Fry the turkey until just cooked through – no longer pink, it will separate and look crumbly.
- Step 6 Add the turkey mixture, sweet potato, quinoa, tomato, black beans, tomato puree, vegetable stock, salt and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Step 7 Set your slow cooker to high and leave for 4 hours (or low for 6-8 hours).
- Step 8 Top each serving with sour cream and cilantro.
- Step 9 Serve with a green salad
- Step 10 Nutrition: Serving 1 cup
- Step 11 380 calories
- Step 12 8g fiber
- Step 13 30g fiber
Number 6 – Sichuan Ramen Cup of Noodles with Tofu & Cabbage
One of the tastiest of our healthy recipes for weight loss this fusion Ramen dish takes it’s name from the Sichuan province, known for it’s spicy foods, in southwestern China. More well known is the Sichuan pepper hailing from the province.
The creamy and nutty Tahini beautifully balances the spicy chili paste in this quickly made, marinated Ramen. The dish is then highlighted by the ground Sichuan Peppercorns. Let this wonderful dish make music in your mouth while you enjoy.
Remember to thank yourself for wanting to know how to lose belly fat! You never ate so good!
Sichuan Ramen Noodles With Tofu & Cabbage
- 6 teaspoons Sichuan Chili-Bean Sauce (Doubanjiang)
- 6 teaspoons Tahini
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon paste (low salt)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese Rice Wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Light Brown Sugar (packed)
- 3/4 teaspoon Black (or Smoked) Vinegar
- 3 cups shredded Napa Cabbage (or Bok Choy)
- 9 ounces extra-firm tofu (½-inch cubes)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground Sichuan Peppercorns
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice ramen noodles (black or brown )
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 cups hot water
- Step 1 Excluding the hot water, add all other ingredients to a large air tight container.
- Step 2 Cover and seal with lid
- Step 3 Place container into the refrigerator for 1 – 3 days.
- Step 4 Or divide all ingredients evenly between 3 airtight containers, cover and store in refrigerator for 1-3 days.
- Step 5 When ready to eat simply add 3 cups of hot water to the large container, or 1 cup of hot water per small container.
- Step 6 Reseal the container and shake until the seasonings are dissolved.
- Step 7 Remove the lid and microwave at High (or transfer to microwave safe bowl)
- Step 8 Heat for 2-3 minutes until steaming hot (check every 1 minute)
- Step 9 Stir the mixture well and let stand for a few minutes before eating.
N.o 7 – Pumpkin And Apple Protein Smoothie – Healthy Recipes For Weight Loss
How To Lose Belly Fat Naturally never got any easier or tastier than it does with this awesome breakfast, or lunch, smoothie.
High in fiber, high in calcium, low in fat and an approved diabetic recipe. Prepare and make in minutes. You will not believe this creamy, sweet, tangy and spicy treat is super low in calories and super high in nutrition!
Pumpkin And Apple Protein Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk or Vanilla Almond Milk (non sweetened)
- 2 apples (peeled, cored, chopped)
- 1/2 can Pumpkin Puree (15 ounces)
- 3/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt (non fat)
- Half a cup of Ice
- 2 tablespoons pure Maple Syrup (not artificial syrups)
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Quarter cup high protein Nut Granola (Honey & Almond is delicious)
- Step 1 Add the almond milk, chopped apples, pumpkin puree, Greek yogurt, ice, maple syrup, mixed spice and salt to a blender.
- Step 2 Cover and blend until smooth.
- Step 3 Top with 1 tablespoon of your chosen nut granola.
- Step 4 Serving Size: 1 cup
- Step 5 Nutrients: 151 calories
- Step 6 3 g fat
- Step 7 4 g fiber
- Step 8 8 g protein
Don’t go anywhere…