Discover the 3 best Honey and Cinnamon For Weight Loss Recipes available. Cinnamon, also known as Dalchini, is obtained from the inner bark of trees found in Indonesia, Sri Lanka and India.
It is one of the most commonly used spices in modern cooking. But creating fabulous cuisine is only one use for this wonderful spice!
- Why Use Honey And Cinnamon For Weight Loss.
- 3 Recipes For Cinnamon Tea.
- When To Use Honey And Cinnamon For Weight Loss.
- Other Ways To Take Cinnamon During The Day.
Why Use Honey And Cinnamon For Weight Loss.
To Increase Our Metabolic Rate.
Cinnamon is full of fibre, which the body finds hard to digest. This means when consumed our body has to work harder and therefore requires our body to use and burn additional energy.
When our body is forced to use more energy than the amount produced from foods we have consumed we burn stored fats to provide the needed energy. This activates our metabolism, and increases our metabolic rate.
To Curb Appetite and Keep Us Full.
Consuming honey and cinnamon for weight loss helps by suppressing our appetite and reducing hunger pangs. In particular the cinnamon is full of fibre and therefore harder to digest. This leads to us feeling full for a longer period of time.
When we feel full, and are not hungry, we naturally consume fewer calories. This makes it easier to stick to a weight loss diet.
To Reduce Our Sugar Cravings.
We all know sugar is enemy number 1 when it comes to weight loss and obesity.
Some research indicates that consuming cinnamon helps eliminate sugar cravings. It is thought the spice emulates the natural high our body gets from sugar.
Eliminating our need for “actual sugar” helping us reach our weight goals faster.
To Regulate Insulin Levels. Honey and Cinnamon For Weight Loss.
Our Insulin level and blood sugar levels, play a major role in our overall body weight.
Studies prove that consuming cinnamon helps to regulate insulin levels. It lowers the glycemic index by 18-29%. Therefore is helpful maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.
To Reduce Cholesterol Levels.
Consuming cinnamon on a regular basis can help to regulate cholesterol levels. A high cholesterol level is known to be a major factor in weight gain, especially for those of us over 40!
To Reduce Belly Fat.
Cinnamon has an active compound called cinnamaldehyde, which helps us to lose “visceral fat”.
Studies show this to significantly reduce belly fat in comparison to other areas of the body.
3 Recipes For Cinnamon Tea.
1. Cinnamon Water – Cinnamon Tea.
This is the easiest and quickest way to prepare an ayurvedic weight loss plan.
- 2 cinnamon sticks,
- 250-300 ml water.
- Add the 2 sticks and water to a saucepan, and gently heat.
- Bring to the boil.
- Turn off the heat and cover.
- Let the mix steep and cool for at least 1 hour.
- Strain the mixture and drink the tea.
- You can reheat if you prefer it warm.
- Take daily for effective results.
- Take the tea first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, for even better results.
This Honey and Cinnamon Herbal Tea is a wonderful weight loss supplement with roots in Ayurveda. The tea works because of the active compound in Cinnamon known as Cinnamaldehyde. This component of cinnamon helps us target and shed the “visceral fat", around the belly. Odd as it may sound to include a sweet ingredient, such as Honey, the reason is because it contains antioxidants and enzymes that help clear toxins from our body, it also curbs appetite and research suggests prevents fat being stored by the body. Enjoy these wonderful Honey and Cinnamon Herbal Tea!
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 250-300 ml Water
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Add the Cinnamon sticks, Ground Cinnamon and water to a small saucepan, and gently heat.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil.
- Let the water boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and place the lid on the saucepan.
- Let the mix steep for at least 30 minutes, but better if left for an hour.
- Strain the mixture into a mug or glass.
- If you prefer hot tea you can gently heat to your preferred temperature.
- Add the honey to the tea before drinking.
- Take the tea daily to achieve effective results.
- Take the tea just before bed, at least 2 hours after eating or first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn from any qualifying purchases made. This helps us to maintain HealthyNatured and keep adding new content. Thank you for your support!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 0g
2. Honey And Cinnamon Tea For Weight Loss.
Honey contains antioxidants and enzymes which help in clearing harmful toxins from the body.
This detox also helps to control our appetite by keeping us feeling fuller for longer. Studies have found that consuming honey, can prevent extra fat storage in the early hours of sleep.
So it is advised this tea is taken before going to sleep at night.
- 2 cinnamon sticks;
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon;
- 250-300 ml water,
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey.
- Add water to a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the ground spice and the cinnamon sticks.
- Allow this to gently simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let steep for at least 30 minutes, preferably an hour.
- When you are ready to drink the tea add the honey.
3. Green Tea and Ginger Blended Cinnamon Tea.
We are all aware of the benefits of green tea when losing weight. By blending with cinnamon we enhance its effectiveness in burning fat. By adding ginger we also enhance the effects of cinnamon for weight loss as well as add great additional taste.
Why Green Tea?
Green Tea is full of vitamins and catechins which act as antioxidants which help to detox our body and burn fat.
Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants. This helps to release all harmful toxins from the body as well as boosting metabolism. It has also been proven to help lower cholesterol levels.
- 2 cinnamon sticks or 1 teaspoon powder;
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger;
- 2 teaspoons green tea leaves;
- 1 teaspoon honey;
- 1 liter water.
- Bring the water to boil;
- If using sticks add to water and gently simmer for 10 minutes;
- If using powder (move to step 4);
- Add powder and ginger to the water;
- Let simmer for 5 minutes;
- Add the green tea and simmer 2 more minutes;
- Turn off the heat and let cool;
- Strain the tea and add honey.
- Drink. You can prepare the tea fresh each time, or make a large batch and keep stored in the refrigerator.
When To Use Honey And Cinnamon For Weight Loss.
We all know that consuming the right food and a balanced diet is necessary to lose weight. When using ayurvedic recipes one important factor to consider is to when we use them.
Drinking our Ayurvedic Tea at the right time and in appropriate amounts can accelerate the process of losing weight.
Morning meals are still considered to be the most important of the day.
Breakfast is when our 8 hour fast (sleep) ends and we break the fast by adding energy to kick start our day.
By drinking honey and cinnamon tea first thing in the morning on an empty stomach helps get our digestive system working as well as boosting our metabolic rate.
Consuming this tea early in the morning also helps you in keeping full and gives you the energy to rush through the morning.
While dieting there is a likelihood of us craving food between our main meals. Often this leads to grabbing instantly available foods. These usually have a high calorie count.
Drinking our tea of honey and cinnamon for weight loss as a snack reduces hunger and helps to control our appetite.
The tea keeps us feeling fuller for longer and prevents comfort eating. This means we are less likely to binge eat before our main meal, ultimately helping us to consume fewer calories.
Prior To Workout.
Consuming the tea 30 mins to an hour before our workout helps boost energy levels.
The sugars found within honey helps to elevate energy levels. The cinnamon tea enhances metabolism which enables our body to burn more calories. All of this helps us lose weight.
Drinking our ayurvedic tea, honey and cinnamon for weight loss, before bed helps to control any late night hunger pangs.
The properties found in honey have been shown to help with digestion and aid better sleep.
Cinnamon Consumption Dosage
Consuming too much on a daily basis is believed to have some side effects. This is due to an element known as coumarin, which has been linked to liver damage. It should be pointed out that the amount of spice consumed that would cause these negative side effects is large.
To ensure no negative side effects we can use the following guidelines.
- if used in powder form the recommended dosage is 4-5 grams (2 teaspoons)
- The dosage for oil is 3-5 drops per day.
- If using sticks, 2-3 per day is recommended.
Other Ways To Take Cinnamon During The Day.
Apart from our honey and cinnamon for weight loss tea, there are a number of other ways to incorporate the spice during the day.
Add It To Your Meals.
Cinnamon is a widely used spice in all Indian households. Added to sweet and savory dishes it enhances the taste. By adding either sticks or powder to your dishes enhances your diet and adds great taste to your meals.
Sprinkle On Food.
Sprinkling the powder onto your dishes, including hot coffee, not only enhances the taste it also provides you with the full health benefits of cinnamon.
It is also beneficial for helping cut down sugar intake as the cinnamon provides a healthy and sweet taste.
Mix To Spreads Or Yogurt.
Add powder to spreads or butter helps us gain the full benefit for losing weight. It is also beneficial and delicious when added to Greek Yoghurt.
Add To A Protein Shake.
Added to a protein shake you gain the additional benefits of cinnamon for weight loss.
Cinnamon is healthy and extremely beneficial when taken in moderation. Added to your daily diet this spice helps you to lose weight.