This post, how to lose belly fat fast, offers some awesome recipes and food suggestions for anyone interested in the high protein low carb diet. These 4 recipes are excellent examples for how dieting, weight loss and burning belly fat doesn’t mean boring or bland food.
They also show that being on a “diet” or watching our weight doesn’t require us to be hungry or to starve.
The following recipes are delicious and use some of the best ingredients. Eat well!
How To Lose Belly Fat Fast – The Recipes.
No. 8 – Harissa Marinated Chicken Salad.
Harissa Marinated Chicken Salad
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Harissa
- 2 Chicken Breasts (4 oz skinless,boneless)
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup Mung Bean Sprouts
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Pomegranate Seeds (optional)
- Step 1 Place the lemon juice and harissa into a bowl and whisk.
- Step 2 Sprinkle the kosher salt over the chicken breasts.
- Step 3 Add the chicken breast to the lemon harissa mix and coat evenly on both sides.
- Step 4 Cover the bowl with a lid, or plastic wrap, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Step 5 Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Step 6 Select a large ovenproof pan and heat the olive oil. The oil should be very hot, but not smoking. Add the chicken breasts to the hot oil and fry until lightly browned. This will take about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Step 7 Transfer the pan to the middle rack of your oven and bake until chicken is just cooked. This will take approximately 10 minutes.
- Step 8 While the chicken breasts bake prepare the salad. Wash the baby spinach and pat dry with paper towels. Arrange the baby spinach onto your dining plates. Arrange the mung bean sprouts on top of the spinach.
- Step 9 Once cooked, remove the chicken breasts and let rest for 5 minutes, then slice each breast into 1/3 inch strips and place over the salad.
- Step 10 Optional – sprinkle pumpkin seeds and pomegranate seeds over the breasts and salad. Serve!
- Step 11 Nutrition: 228 calories, 3 g carbs, 30 g protein
No. 9 – High Protein Salmon and Eggs Breakfast – High Protein Low Carb Diet.
This recipe is an excellent example of how matching high protein and low carb foods enables us to eat well and lose weight.
Smoked Salmon is an excellent source of lean protein and provides us with a huge dosage of heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Salmon is also a superb source of iron.
Eggs belong in the same superfood category. They are a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids as well as being rich in choline, selenium, and B vitamins. Consuming eggs is known to raise the “good” cholesterol in our bodies.
By limiting your carb intake to 1 slice of whole grain toast at breakfast and stocking up on proteins you keep your body fueled throughout your day.
High Protein Salmon and Eggs Breakfast
- 2 x 4 oz sliced smoked Salmon/Lox (chopped)
- 4 free range eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped dill for garnish (optional)
- 4 slices whole grain toast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Step 1 Place the eggs and milk in a bowl and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Step 2 Heat a large nonstick pan, spray with cooking oil and pour in the egg mix. Then leave it, let it begin to set on the bottom before you touch the eggs again.
- Step 3 To scramble the eggs push a flat wooden spoon from edge to middle. Very gently move solids to the middle allowing liquid egg to fill the gaps.
- Step 4 Gently stir with the wooden spoon to form large curds. Do not over stir the eggs.
- Step 5 Place 1 slice of toast on a plate, add the scrambled eggs on top and then the chopped smoked salmon on top of the eggs. Season lightly with salt and pepper and serve.
- Step 6 Nutrition: Calories: 247, Fat 9 g, Carb 16 g, Fiber 8 g, Protein 20 g
No. 10 – Coconut Cream Chicken & Mushroom Ragout.
Would you believe a dish packed with baby mushrooms, chicken breast cooked in coconut cream, olive oil, shallots and onions is a recommended recipe for how to burn belly fat fast?
Well the good news is Yes!
Our Coconut Cream Chicken And Mushroom Ragout fits perfectly within our high protein low carb diet for how to lose belly fat fast!
Coconut Cream Chicken & Mushroom Ragout
- 1.25 pounds Chicken Breast (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher or Sea Salt (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper (divided)
- 1 cup Baby Mushrooms (washed, sliced)
- 1/4 cup White Onion (chopped)
- 1 shallot (finely diced)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup dry White Wine OR 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 can Coconut Milk (14 oz can)
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons pure butter (softened)
- 6 whole sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 grates fresh nutmeg (or a pinch nutmeg powder)
- Step 1 Slice the chicken breasts and add to a bowl with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Stir til mixed.
- Step 2 Place 2 teaspoons of olive oil into a pan and heat.
- Step 3 Once oil is warm but not smoking, add chicken pieces.
- Step 4 Cook for about 8 minutes, turn the chicken to ensure it becomes golden brown on both sides.
- Step 5 Remove chicken from pan to a plate and set aside.
- Step 6 To the pan add the remaining teaspoon of olive oil, the baby mushrooms, thyme, shallot and onions.
- Step 7 Cook for 5-6 minutes until onions have softened and all liquid from mushrooms has been released and evaporated. Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Step 8 Remove the fried mushroom and onion mix from the pan (place with chicken breast) and return pan to the heat. Add the wine (or broth) to the pan.
- Step 9 Using a wooden spoon, scrape the bottom of the pan to release any solids and cook until half the liquid has evaporated. Stir occasionally.
- Step 10 Combine flour and softened butter to make a paste.
- Step 11 Add coconut milk, flour/butter mix and nutmeg to the wine in the pan and stir until flour/butter mix is incorporated.
- Step 12 Return the mushrooms, onions and chicken to the pan. Stir.
- Step 13 Add remaining salt and pepper and allow to simmer for about 5-8 minutes until sauce has thickened and it is steaming hot.
- Step 14 Remove thyme and serve.
- Step 15 Nutrition: Calories 256, Carbs 4 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein: 19 g
No. 11 – Pesto Chicken With 2 Types Of Tomato And Asparagus.
This recipe is a perfect example of how to burn belly fat fast. Amazing ingredients and made in minutes.
It is perfect for mid week meals, a relaxed night at home in front of the TV or when you want to entertain friends and family!
Talking of entertaining… No need to prepare different meals for others and no need to worry about breaking your diet. Everyone loves this dish and request it often!
It always is exciting to invite guests and entertain, but how often do you find yourself missing most of the party because you end up spending all night in the kitchen. Cooking and cleaning and missing out! Well no more!
This dish, a high protein low carb diet recipe uses boneless, skinless chicken thighs and cooks them with asparagus, 2 types of tomato (sun-dried and cherry)in a beautiful basil pesto sauce. The entire dish is made in one pan in 30 minutes from start to serve.
Pesto Chicken With 2 Types Of Tomato and Asparagus
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil,
- 1 pound boned, skinless Chicken Thighs (cut into strips),
- 1/3 cup of drained sun dried tomatoes (chopped),
- 1 pound trimmed Asparagus,
- 1/4 cup Basil Pesto,
- 1 cup mixed yellow and red Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- Step 1 Preheat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large wok or skillet over a medium heat.
- Step 2 When the oil is hot add the sliced chicken thighs and season with a little salt.
- Step 3 Add half of the chopped sun dried tomatoes. Stir. Cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, turning the chicken a couple of times, until completely cooked through.
- Step 4 Remove the chicken and sun dried tomatoes from the skillet. Use a slotted spoon or tongs as you want to keep the oil in the skillet.
- Step 5 To the oil add the asparagus, the remaining sun dried tomatoes and cook on a medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the asparagus is cooked.
- Step 6 Remove the asparagus to a serving plate.
- Step 7 Add the chicken back to the skillet, add the pesto and stir.
- Step 8 Ensure the chicken is coated in the pesto and fry over a low-medium heat until the chicken is completely reheated (1 – 2 minutes).
- Step 9 Remove from heat. Add halved cherry tomatoes to the pesto and the chicken and mix well.
- Step 10 Add chicken and tomatoes to the serving plate with asparagus.
- Step 11 Nutrients: Calories 423, Carbs 8 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 23 g
Coming next – The final 4 recipes – don’t miss these – You wanted to know how to burn belly fat fast… and the final four will not disappoint!