This Ground Turkey Recipe with Sweet Potato, Black Bean Chili is healthy, delicious and one of our favorite belly fat burning recipes! It can be assembled and ready to cook in mere minutes. Great for those days when we have little time!
The wonderful thing about this dish is you just place all the ingredients into a slow cooker. Then leave it for the day, or overnight, and you have a nutritious and delicious meal.
This dish is also great for those who want meals planned in advance. Perfect for “make and freeze”.
On those days you don’t want to cook, just take from the freezer, place in the microwave and have a belly fat burning meal that is ready in moments.
Ground `Turkey Recipe With Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Chili.
Not only is the chili a tiny 380 calories per serving it’s also packed with protein from the meat and quinoa, and is gluten-free.
Slow Cooked Chili Dinner)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1.5 pounds Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 3 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 pound Sweet Potatoes (cubed 1/4 inch)
- Quarter cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 15 ounces diced Tomatoes (canned)
- 15 ounces Black Beans (canned)
- 15 ounces Tomato Puree
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh Cilantro (torn or chopped)
- Step 1 Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan.
- Step 2 Add the chopped onion and minced garlic
- Step 3 Saute until the onion is translucent and begins to caramelize (browned not burnt)
- Step 4 Add the ground turkey, chili powder and cumin powder to the onions and garlic.
- Step 5 Fry the turkey until just cooked through – no longer pink, it will separate and look crumbly.
- Step 6 Add the turkey mixture, sweet potato, quinoa, tomato, black beans, tomato puree, vegetable stock, salt and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Step 7 Set your slow cooker to high and leave for 4 hours (or low for 6-8 hours).
- Step 8 Top each serving with sour cream and cilantro.
- Step 9 Serve with a green salad
- Step 10 Nutrition: Serving 1 cup
- Step 11 380 calories
- Step 12 8g fiber
- Step 13 30g fiber