For The Sweet Potato
- 4 large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons low fat milk or half and half
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground all-spice
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Whipped Cream Cheese
- Walnut Halves, toasted
- Place the peeled sweet potatoes in a very large pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil and then gently simmer the water until the potatoes are fork tender, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain thoroughly and return the potato to the pot.
- Add the butter, cream cheese, and milk, or half & half, to the sweet potatoes.
- Mash with an immersion blender or a hand-held masher. For a thinner consistency, add more milk, if desired.
- Once the potatoes are lump free and creamy, stir in thyme leaves, cinnamon, and all-spice until well blended.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve immediately.
- To make whipped cream cheese topping, blend 4 oz. softened cream cheese, 3 tablespoons half & half, and a dash of cinnamon with an immersion blender or hand-held mixer until light and fluffy.
- Top with a spoonful of whipped cream cheese and/or toasted walnuts, if desired. Enjoy!
Garnish is Optional and Not Included In Nutrition Calculations
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn from any qualifying purchases made. This helps us to maintain HealthyNatured and keep adding new content. Thank you for your support!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 4g