Chinese Medicine for Weight Loss – Lose Weight Naturally.
Tired of diets? Starving yourself? Unrealistic calorie intake?
There is a way to lose weight without starving, without submitting the body to drastic change and without damaging your self esteem further. Many of us have tried endlessly to lose those stubborn pounds but yet we find they never shift or if they do…they just come back as soon as we start eating normally again.
So is there an answer? YES!
The answer to holistic and healthy weight loss can be found in an ancient healing system, a healing system that continues to be practiced around the globe today.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a nutritional and medicinal system which has history dating back thousands of years. TCM is medicinal, nutritional and spiritual catering to our physical, emotional and spiritual bodies in harmony. The practice of Chinese medicine for weight loss uses a range of techniques and remedies designed to restore balance and order to the body and includes herbs, nutritional diet, exercise through movement and energy, meditation and acupuncture.
Qi – Energy – Chinese Medicine for Weight Loss
Simply put TCM views optimal health and well being through developing, building up, storing and conserving Qi (energy).
In a physically fit, emotionally and spiritually healthy person there is an abundant supply of Qi flowing freely through the body enabling our internal organs and systems to function properly and keep us healthy.
When thinking about Traditional Chinese Medicine for Weight Loss we are not concerning ourselves primarily about calorie intake and expenditure.
In TCM we want to fortify, channel and sustain ample healthy and properly flowing Qi. When we do this and fortify the Qi we are raising our metabolic rate and we gain the feeling of well-being.
Strong Qi also aides the digestive system allowing your body to optimally transform the food you eat into energy you can use.
Weak Qi, usually the result of excessive stress and/or inadequate sleep, raise levels of the stress hormone cortisol, which causes the body to store, rather than burn, fat. Stress and a body depleted of energy via lack of sleep goes into protection mode and will not let go of its supply of nutrition reserves (fat) and often will try to store more!
Using Chinese Medicine for Weight Loss focuses on raising the level of Qi. When a persons energy is higher and more stable your body is not in a protective mode, it is not threatened and the Qi is able to flee correctly.
When Qi flows and your body has full energy your food cravings diminish and the urge toward compulsive eating weakens because your body is not giving the signals of stress triggering the storing of fat.
6 Methods to raise Qi – Chinese Medicine for Weight Loss
- Eat food that is full of qi, or natural life energy.
- Natural whole foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and non processed meat.
- Avoid foods that are packaged and refined.
- Do not use artificial sweeteners, artificial meal replacements or diet food replacements – these are not nutritional as they are packed with artificial and man made chemicals.
- You are looking to eat natural, non processed quality food – this is much more important than counting calories.
2. Don’t drastically or continually change dietary patterns.
- Give your body time to adjust to Qi enhancing foods.
- Set and stick to a pattern of eating.
- Key to Chinese medicine for weight loss is don’t skip meals – Eat 30 minutes after waking, mid morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack, evening meal preferably before 7pm (thats right…eat…eat what you need to feel full..no more…and only Qi enhancing foods)
- If you feel sluggish, bloated, or gassy after eating then think about what you ate and try to remove elements individually from your diet until you recognise which food type it is you need to remove.
- Pay attention to how you feel after meals to determine which foods support your well-being.
3. Eat slowly and mindfully.
- Set aside time to eat.
- Do not rush your meal.
- Avoid distractions during meals such as computers and television as you need to focus on the food.
- Spend time and focus on your eating and enjoy the food – this aides you to feel completely satisfied, supports digestion and helps avoid over eating.
4. Retire and sleep at 10:30 p.m.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine for weight loss understands that the liver cleans the blood and with the other organs detoxifies the body.
- The liver cleanses the blood between 1 and 3 a.m.
- To gain maximum benefit your must be in deep sleep state by 1am.
- Sufficient rest is essential for healthy metabolism and healthy metabolism is essential for weight loss.
5. Participate in energy movement excercise to promote Qi.
- Go for a gentle walk somewhere beautiful
- Take upgardening
- chi gong (qi gong),
- t’ai qi (tai chi),
- yoga etc
- This type of exercise helps bring Qi energy back into balance and is vital for those with stress, anxiety and exhaustion.
- It truly doesn’t hurt and is an amazing remedy which amplifies results of the other Chinese medicine for weight loss techniques.
- Ear needles/Acupuncture works quickly and you will notice significantly reduced cravings and/or compulsive eating.
- After acupuncture you will be appropriately hungry at the correct times of the day.
- Acupuncture also reduces stress and alleviates anxiety
I sincerely hope you try these techniques and I would love to have your feedback if you do. You can leave me a message or ask further questions here in the comments forum and I will respond as soon as possible. Alternatively you can contact me directly by clicking here.
You may be interested in other forms of natural health and the links are below.
Love and Light
Chinese Medicine for Weight Loss