Meditation is of extreme importance and is a huge health benefit for every part of our being. Meditation relaxes, revitalizes and reconditions our body to be able to function at peak health. Adding crystals to the meditation amplifies the health giving properties of the crystal and also the health giving properties of the meditation. Discover in this article the 5 best crystals for meditation and how used correctly they can aide health for all of our being – our mind, our body and our spirit.
Why Use Crystals In Your Meditation?
Meditation is of major benefit to your health as it helps you to relax, helps clears your mind and enables the release of negative energies and unwanted thoughts.
Using healing crystals is a truly unique and very powerful tool which assists to deepen your meditation, focus your intent and guides you to achieve a specific outcome, or several specific outcomes, during your meditation.
When focusing on a spiritual level and with spiritual intent meditating with crystals will help in raising your consciousness and awareness. Using crystals within your meditation will also aide in deepening your intuition and bringing clear insight.
What are the 5 best crystals for meditation?
When it comes to crystals that can be used within your meditation practice there is NO set of correct answers.
In fact any natural healing crystals can be used.
In this article I will offer you suggestions about which I believe are the 5 best crystals for meditation however there are many considerations you need to take into account when deciding on which crystal or crystals are the best choice for you. I will ensure that full guidance is given in regard what to look for and what functions these crystals offer for meditation.
Deciding which crystals to choose.
Initially it is beneficial to choose a healing and meditative crystal that contains the healing properties or vibrational energies which align with what you want to achieve out of your meditation.
If you take time to align your needs, wishes, desires with the crystals you choose when you then actually begin to meditate with the crystals they will enhance and magnify your desired results.
Meditating with crystals is also a brilliant way to get to learn about and understand various types of crystals. If you have a crystal and are unsure of its purpose or uses then I encourage you to meditate with it. See how your body resonates with the crystal energy. What do you see and hear? How does the crystal make you feel? Let the crystals energy flow throughout your body and allow the vibrational energy to guide you in understanding the purpose of the crystal you have chosen.
If you have a number of crystals and you are unsure which one you should choose for a particular meditation then simply lay them all out in front of you. Silently gaze at the crystals in front of you. Ensure you focus on the intended outcome of the meditation, or what you would like to achieve or work on in the meditative state.
Once you are focused upon achieving an intended goal and are focusing with intent then the correct crystal to use during the meditation will make itself known. It will “sing to you” or stand out from the crowd. In every case the crystal you choose will be the correct crystal for the job and has helped you consciously or subconsciously to select it for helping you to achieve your specific purpose and/or goal.
Best Crystals for Meditation
At times you may wish to consider color for the reason you select a crystal for meditation.
Purple crystals such as Amethyst and Fluorite and clear/white crystals such as Quartz Crystal and Selenite also aid in helping us to reach a higher state of consciousness. When I personally meditate I always incorporate quartz crystals (usually Himalayan or Tibetan) and Selenite. These crystals can be held in your hands or placed on your body at various chakral centers.
Quartz Crystal is one of the best crystals for meditation because it can be programmed with your meditative intention. Selenite is beneficial for meditation because as you are clearing your mind and relaxing your body, its healing properties facilitate the release of negative energy and energy blockages to energetically cleanse your body. Here is a list of suggested crystals for meditation and their benefits:
- Amethyst – calms and centers your mind so that you can expand your consciousness, enhances visualization, facilitates the release of negativity
- Aquamarine – supports and quiets your mind, promotes self-awareness
- Carnelian – clears extraneous thoughts in meditation, helps to keep you focused and concentrated, focuses your mind on higher goals
- Dumortierite – activates your third eye, brings patience and inner guidance, increases your mental discipline
- Fluorite – acts like a vacuum cleaner for your mind, clears confusion and negativity, aids concentration, enables your mind to maintain a meditative and centered space
- Jade – brings serenity, soothes your mind, releases negative thoughts
- Picture Jasper – holds a very deep connection to the Earth to help ground you and connect you to its vibration, awakens creativity and initiative
- Labradorite – deepens your meditation and raises your consciousness
- Lapis Lazuli – aids with self-examination and going within yourself, increases concentration
- Moonstone – promotes calmness and peace of mind, enables you to receive direction from your unconscious mind, encourages self reflection
- Quartz Crystal – brings mental clarity and focus, activates all levels of consciousness, has the ability to hold your intention and can be programmed
(source: Crystal Cure)
5 Best Crystals For Meditation – Easy Way to Meditate
Once you have selected your preferred crystal or crystals you are ready to begin using these for your health and spiritual development within your meditation.
If you are new to meditation then please relax and enjoy the experience. Pay no attention to “experts” claiming the one true way to meditate. While there are several types of meditation which have specific purposes and methodologies there is actually no right or wrong way to meditate. A simple relaxation and self healing massage can be structured any way…as long as it brings to you self peace and allows inner contemplation.
If you would like specific techniques other than the suggested below I have written some free printable guided meditations which can be downloaded and also a technique to awaken Kundalini in 3 easy steps..
Just as there is no right or wrong way to meditate there is no right or wrong crystal to use. Everyone’s personal preference for meditation will be different.
The best way to use your chosen crystal or crystals during your meditation is to:
- hold them in your hands while meditating or
- lay them on your prone body, ideally they should be in contact with your skin and aligned to your chakras. You can find out more about chakras in the post what are the 7 chakras.
Simple Meditative Technique To Use With Your 5 Best Crystals For Meditation.
- Firstly, find a quiet space where you will not be disturbed and the environment is one that you feel comfortable, relaxed and at peace.
- Sit or lay prone. Begin to bring yourself to a quiet silence with the healing stones and crystals that you wish to use close to your body.
- Close your eyes and quiet your mind.
- Focus your attention on your breathing. Gently breath in and out. feel your breath filling your lungs and emptying your lungs. Focus all thought on your breath slowly entering your body and slowly leaving your body.
- When you feel relaxed and peaceful pick up the crystals for meditation and hold them comfortably in your hands or place them on your chakra centers of laying in a prone position.
- Focus again on bringing your thoughts and entire focus on your breathing (as in step 4)
- As you breathe in slowly imagine your breath and all of your awareness spiraling from your mouth and throat through your body and into your crystals.
- As you breathe out feel the energy of your chosen crystals spreading throughout your body. Feel the crystal or crystals vibrations filling your body with their healing.
- Continue this breathing in and out technique until you are aware that each crystals energy has filled your body completely. You will intuitively know when this has happened. Don’t think about it. Just know that when you choose to move to step 10 it will be the correct moment.
- Now focus your thought again on your breathe. Visualize breathing in the highest and purest of white light. See it being directed to the crystal or crystals.
- As you breathe out visualize the color of the crystal or crystals filling your body.
- Know that as you breathe in you are accepting universal light which will activate the crystal or crystals
- Know that as you breathe out you are accepting the crystal’s energy to fill your mind, permeate your senses and bring peace, harmony and healing to all of your chakras and subtle bodies as well as your physical body.
- When you are ready you can visualize your intention. If you have a specific goal or purpose in mind send this intent to your crystals. know that you can manifest any desire you wish. Fill your crystals with your intention. Your crystals and stones are listening and waiting to assist.
- Now simply relax and focus your mind and your body on nothing other than breathing in and breathing out. Sit or lay with your crystals as long as you need.
- When you feel that the time has been sufficient and your meditation is finished (trust your intuition to guide you on this – you should feel completely relaxed and at peace) you should complete an earthly grounding process. Focus again on your breath. As you breath in see your breath flowing into your crystal or crystals.
- As you breathe out sense all aspects of your awareness spiraling back out of the crystal and flowing throughout your body and downward exiting the soles of your feet into the earth below you.
- Take a few long deep breaths in…and out…always visualizing your breath entering the crystal or crystals…then seeing it spiraling out of the crystal throughout your body and exiting through the soles of your feet into the ground below.
- Feel yourself connect with the Earth and feel yourself coming back to full consciousness.
- Take another few deep breaths and open your eyes.
I hope that enjoyed this article about the best crystals for meditation.
Light and Love